There are various kinds of vitamins, of which Folate is considered to be an important kind. It is more commonly known as Folic Acid or Vitamin B9, a nutrient whose deficiency is often linked to hair fall issues. It is also involved in the synthesis of nucleic acid, which includes DNA and RNA. If you are iron deficient and have been taking iron supplements, then you will notice that most capsules often come with folic acid in it as well. Together they help in producing healthy blood cells.Pregnant women are advised by health experts to have sufficient amount of folic acid for the healthy development of the foetus. Folic acid deficiencies could lead to major birth defects, particularly that of the spine and brain, like neural tube defects, including spina bifida and anencephaly. Women planning to get pregnant are advised to take folic acid supplements for a full year before conception.(Pharmacy 11375)
Folic corrosive alludes to the man-made rendition of the water dissolvable vitamin Folate. It is orchestrated in huge numbers as containers and tabs to enable individuals to meet their every day necessity. Generally Folate is normally found in different fixings as well, and they are:
1. Green Leafy Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, mustard leaves, lettuce, seasonal saags, etc are considered to be one of the best sources of folate or vitamin B9. It is not without reason that our mothers nagged us to eat our greens!(Pharmacy 11375)
2. Broccoli: Broccoli offers high levels of immune system-boosting vitamin C, bone-strengthening vitamin K, and folate, which plays a strategic role in regulating cell growth and reproduction. It’s also packed with glucosinolate compounds, such as sulforaphane and glucoraphanin, which help to fight cancer.
3. Banana: Banana is a heavyweight when it comes to nutrition. It is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6.
4. Melons: Honey dew melon has the highest sugar content of any melon, but also contains vitamin C, folate and calcium. Its seeds like other melons are rich in antioxidants, and vitamin C, A and E, and are loaded with fibre.
5. Lemon: It is known to cleanse the digestive system along with blood purifying properties. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Meat (such as liver and kidney): For non-vegetarians, liver and kidney are great sources of iron and folate.
7. Orange: It contains high source of folate, which reduces levels of homocysteine, the cardiovascular risk factor that can build up in our blood, while its store of potassium helps lower blood pressure.
Stop by at our local Forest Hills Pharmacy 11375 – Forest Hills Organics Pharmacy to purchase the highest quality vitamins, today.
Visit, Follow and Review Us on: